movies • ★★★★☆
There are actually a lot of lessons from Twilight we could all learn from, most of them less obvious than what you think! It’s not all just about holding out for your undying love and falling in to a pit of depression (ahem, we’re looking at you Bella Swan), but lessons of life, family, and compassion. So brace yourselves for 7 lessons from Twilight we should all learn.
1 Family Comes First
One of the biggest lessons from Twilight we should all walk away with is just how important family is. Every family that’s in the novels shows this. The Cullen’s really made their own family, and the second Edward declared his love for Bella, the rest of the hotter-than-heck vampire clan accepted her just the same. They protected her, watched out for her family, and took on her troubles as well. Jacob did the same with his family too, because when the pack called, he was there.
2 Conquer Your Fears
Vampires can’t resist blood; this is a widely known fact. So imagine my surprise when the doctor who tends to Bella is Carlisle Cullen. Yes, I was originally just blinded by how good-looking he was. Then I realized that it’s pretty darn incredible that a vampire, who can’t resist blood, somehow trained himself not only to stand it, but to be constantly around it. He conquered his fear and turned it into something incredible. Without his help, Bella probably never would have made it through her crazy, half human half vampire pregnancy. Conquering your fears is definitely one of the lessons from Twilight we should all pay attention to!
3 Follow Your Heart
This one does fall into the category of undying love, but in a little bit less sappier kind of way. Of all the lessons from Twilight we should learn, this one is probably the one that has been taken way out of context by many a youngster. Bella and Edward is the obvious story, but let’s not forget about the other, less obvious examples. Jacob relentlessly followed his heart with Bella and Rosalie felt the same way when advising Bella on keeping her child (even though her being a tad bit selfish was also part of it). So go on, listen to your heart and see where it takes you.
4 Sometimes Makeovers Are Needed
We can all agree on one thing right? The fact that Bella did look ten times better as a vampire, and that if she had just listened to Alice every once in a while and wore heels and tidier clothes when she was a human, we wouldn’t have to wait for a near-death experience to transform our protagonist. Lessons from Twilight learned on makeovers: dually noted!
5 Don’t Lead People on, Ever
I don’t know about you, but one of the biggest things that pissed me off about this series was how Bella led Jacob on throughout. One of the lessons from Twilight we should all learn, and commit to memory is to never lead anyone on, ever. Not only was Jacob her best friend, he was also her confidante and the one person who she knew had feelings for her. So instead of thinking about his feelings and what she was doing to him, she kept him around just long enough to keep her mind preoccupied. The argument can be made that it was a little more complicated than that, but nonetheless, this is still an important lesson to remember!
6 Leave Your Ego at the Door
Why do I say this is one of the lessons from Twilight we should actually learn from? Because think about it – if Edward didn’t have such an ego and say that him being in the same town as Bella and loving her ever so greatly was the cause of the Volturi hunting her down, she never would have gone into a depression. Then the whole story can pan out in 2 books and there wouldn’t have to be any needless drama in between. Edward claimed that he loved her so much, he had to protect her by leaving her. Well Edward, how do you protect someone from hundreds of miles away? And the Volturi were after her because she’s a human who knows of their existence, so wouldn’t you being in the same town as her kind of help? Just saying.
7 Exercise is Good for Your Body
Yes, that’s right. You’d never think that exercising is one of the lessons from Twilight you should learn and adapt did you? Think about it, everyone is so fit. They play baseball; go running on the beach, ride motorcycles, the list of active activities is all over the place! How else do you think they all stay in such good shape? So go get some fresh air, play your favourite sport, and get moving! No one has ever seen a slow and sluggish vampire!
There are some lessons you never thought you’d learn from Twilight! This series is loved by so many people, yet has so much hate at the same time. At the end of the day, it’s a series that has lessons of love, understanding, and family that we can all learn a little something from. At the end of the day, if we still haven’t learned anything from this series, we can at least learn to appreciate what a flawless American accent Robert Pattinson has. So, what lessons have you learned from this series?
Please rate this article
- aurela @Hydebelle, she actually does if u watch the movies she's sad she has leave him that way but in the end they work something out and Bella still sees him
- Desiree dang u guys are something '_'
- Hydebelle Family comes first? Bella doesn't care about Charlie... Let alone call him Dad!
- Jessica I learned (from the books) that no one is perfect and that it is okay not to be. Even the "perfect" vampires all have flaws.
- Cynthia Write a comment ...😆😅😅😅😅😅😹😹😹😹😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂
- Cynthia Hello how r u guys😇
- Marguerite Oh and please do not forget to get super depressed to a point of death just because your boyfriend left you "sarcasm"
- Chelly Number 6 is wrong. The Volturi didn't even know about Bella at that point. He left cuz he believed his world was too dangerous for her (something he makes up his mind about when Jasper attacks her). Bella becomes depressed because she was obsessively in love with him and so when he leaves it tears her apart. The Volturi only gain knowledge of Bella when Edward, believing she was dead, requests that they kill him (Aro uses his ability to look into Edward's mind therefor knows about Bella and also believes she is dead because that is what he sees in Edward's mind). Number 6 is COMPLETELY wrong.
- Fulvia best advice from Twilight, pulp the books.
- Stefanie How about, "you don't need a man to have self worth"
- Sindy I am a Twihard an I just love that even though ppl hate soo much on them, there's still lessons to learn.
- Isak 'Family comes first' Bella pretty much cut off contact with her parents after she married Sparkly. Just sayin'.
- Sindy @Isak because she didn't want them to become endangered by knowing that vampires existed
- Madeleine Hahahahajahahahajajajahahahajaha
5 Things to Make You Smile Today...
9 Ways to Get over Your Ex in a Week ...
7 Reasons Why Its Cool to Have Twins ...
8 Tips for Pregnant Teens ...
I love sandra bullock
9 Entertaining but Eclectic TV Series for Your Next Binge Watch ...
5 Popular Vampires from Movies ...
6 Classic Novels from High School Worth Reading as an Adult ...
Readers questions answered
- Paris color le stylo primped previous ...
- Loreal paris smoky shadow primped and ...
- Only way out is through tattoo ...
- How to pierce your ears with a sewing needle ...
- What to wear with suspenders girl ...
- How to buy cinnamon ...
- Paris stylo smoky eye blinged ...
- Paris color smoky shadow with a twist ...
- Paris riche le stylo eye bottomless java ...
- Loreal paris stylo smoky eye shadow garnet ...